Through the 1960s, Pat Gochenauer channeled her love for animals into work at a local veterinary hospital. Bud Gochenauer was a well-known horse trainer, riding instructor, and horse show judge. At that time, most pet boarding was provided by the veterinary hospitals themselves— but many vets were starting to close the boarding section of their businesses. Pat and Bud stepped up to give the community a quality home-away-from-home for their pets and built Gochenauer Pet Resort in 1971. Since then, the Gochenauer family has been providing the same high-quality, loving care to pets across Lancaster County and beyond. Today, three generations of Gochenauers strive every day to deliver the wonderful care your pets deserve. Every pet who stays with us is considered a member of our extended family.
Gochenauer Kennels opened Memorial Day weekend in 1971 as a 50-dog run and 16 cat area boarding kennel
After 3 expansions, we can now house over 150 dogs and 30 cats
We changed our name to Gochenauer Pet Resort in 2022, but we are the same family run business, providing the same high-quality care, that we always have since day one
Why Choose Gochenauers?
- Highly recommended by local veterinarians for our healthy, safe environment and dedicated staff
- One of the most awarded facilities in the area with 57+ people’s choice awards
- Elevated level of staff training, including Pet First Aid and CPR
- Fully climate-controlled building that is protected by advanced security and has air purification systems
- Veterinary-grade cleaning protocols
- Each pet receives customized care, no matter what service they’re here for
- Multigenerational, family-owned business since the very beginning in 1971